Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Kai!!

Kissing the baby bump goodbye :)
Love at first sight! My new little boyfriend :)))
Passing the time on the Blackberry. Josh actually got a lot of work done while we waited.
Alta View provides a cute little dinner for you and your hubs to enjoy on your last night there. The food was pretty good too. I thought it was a cute gesture.
My sweet, sweet Kai. Did I mention I am totally smitten with that face?
Teagan is hiding in the back, you can see his little head, that rebel wouldn't get in the pic! Are these five really all mine?!?! I am so lucky!


Labor and delivery was awesome! My fabulous Doctor helped induce me so that I wouldn't have to risk having my baby without him here (he was going to be gone for 9 days right during my due date) So Kai was born about 11 days before my estimated due date. The epidural was placed early because there were like 5 c-sections on their schedule that day and they didn't want to risk missing the chance to get me one. So I didn't have to feel even one contraction which is always fine with me. You women who choose to suffer through all that pain are amazing to me! I wouldn't have a tiny cavity filled without pain relief so there is no way I am giving birth without it! But to each their own and I tip my hat to you :)) Recovery is going great and baby and family are adjusting smoothly.

Baby Kai came at 5:20 P.M. Tuesday, March 2. We all love him to bits and are so very grateful that he came to our family.

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Ok, so I know I need to keep in better contact when I didn't even know you were pregnant...which you were...for NINE MONTHS! Where was I? I'm so sorry! I want to wish you a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you and am just astounded that you have 5 children! You are such an inspiration to me!

Daisie said...

What a cutie! So glad everything went well! Can't wait to meet him in person someday!

Karen said...

Oh Erika, he is so adorable! I am so happy for you, what a an amazing Mother you are!

pooka said...

He is beautiful! What a cute boy and family. You look way too good in all those pictures too - I'm so jealous. Congratulations.

Anon said...

He is beautiful, Congratulations!!!

Becki Madsen said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! WOW! Congratulations, he is adorable!Just one more and you can enter the sixlet club with me!

Michelle said...

We are SO happy for you guys, Erika! Love the photos. I love the little dinner they do for you at the hospital! Ellie and Brooklyn are also smitten w/ Kai. They came home to tell me how CUTE he is! Congratulations to the Thorne family!

Brandon and Carly said...

You guys make such gorgeous babies!! I am glad everything went well! What a fun idea to have dinner for you guys at the hospital! I am sharing that with my dad! :)

Jer and Jules said...

He's just so cute, I feel bad we haven't gotten to come meet him yet! I'm glad everyone's adjusting well though, yay for new babies!