Monday, September 21, 2009

My independent girl!




The great thing about Sadie is that she is the most chill, go-with-flow kind of girl. She does what she wants when she wants and as long as you're cool with that she's cool with you. I love her sassy but sweet little personality so much.
Anyway she decided to teach herself to ride her bike without training wheels last week. Josh tried with her a few weeks ago but she wasn't having it. And then she hopped on her little bike last week and just took off. It took her a few times of not falling but she was persistant about getting it. Now she puts in her brothers helmet and rides like a crazy maniac.

A cute side note about her bike, it is her brothers first bike so it's blue with a crocodile decal on it. I noticed that all her little friends on the street had all gotten brand new pink and purple "pretty" bikes for their b-days this year so I asked her if she would like to get a pretty new bike too. She just said "no, I already have a bike with a crocodile on it" and she merrily went on her way. It was the sweetest thing to hear! I hope she'll always remain this grateful for what she has in life. Plus it will save us some serious $. We love that girl!!

2 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

That is great when you don't have to teach your kids things, they just do it themselves! She is a cutie!

Jenny said...

Love these pics Miss Sadie!! Yea for you! I am so proud of you. I love your bike too! Love you!

Aunt Jenny