Monday, September 28, 2009

You have got to be kidding!!


Alright, I've had enough! This is my personal kitchen pharmacy right now. If you know me you know that I loathe taking meds of any type. I would almost prefer the ailment to the cure. But this cold from you -know-where has had me seeking out anything that can offer some relief at all. Everyone who has had it has told me that it takes about 3 weeks to run it's course. I hope not!!! I'm starting day 11 tomorrow and I am ready to rip my own head off! It's the sore throat that is the worst about it. If anyone has any remedies that have worked for you, then please, for the love of pete share!! :)
Here's hoping I'll be all better by the weekend :))))

7 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

I just got over a 4 week cold and it was not fun at all! Shouldn't moms be exempt from any and all illnesses? My remedy is to forget your housework, put your feet up, get a huge bowl of ice cream and watch your favorite show. Works for me! (at least it kept my spirits (and weight) high! Get better soon my friend!

T said...

Lots and Lots of water, Herbal Green Tea, Chicken Broth, Berries and Flax seed. This isn't a recipe, just independent things to try :0) !! But I also agree with Becki. Mom's don't get sick very often, so I say TAKE ADVANTAGE, and give yourself a little down time. So sorry you're sick!

Kris Tina said...

Well at least my voice is starting to come back today - (after three days of almost silence). I've been popping nyquil at night just to help me sleep. Here's hoping you get better soon and that I follow right behind you.

Hoffmann Family said...

Oh Erica! I'm so sorry, that breaks my heart. I wish I had a magic pill for you to take!

Melly said...

Sorry no great cures for the cold but I did notice your announcment on your facebook page so a big congrats to you! Thanks for the invite to your blog it was fun getting caught back up with all the happenings :)

Angie Roberts and Rob Haddock said...

ok if you still have a cold..here you go, I have had one for a week and i was trying everything (which i loathe too) then I bought the cheap o wal-mart brand cold alkasltzer an it WORKS! relieves symptoms and gets all the snot out of your little head! and it isn't a pill, then i have been drinking sleepy time tea from celestial seasonings..good stuff too!

Michelle said...

Ugh! Poor Erika! I'm sorry to hear that you've had this too! Everyone but Brookie and me have had this same illness. The boys had it the worst. I had no idea that you were dealing with this. It's miserable and there's no cure for it as it's viral. Yuck! So sorry!