Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Soccer Stud!


He doesn't talk much smack on the field, we teach him to be polite out there. But we did over hear him saying this as he was running the ball down the field.. "Try and stop this!" Ha ha!! and they didn't stop him--GOOOOAAAAL!!

I have always assumed that each spring I would be hanging out at the baseball fields watching my boy play. He was such a little baller when he was a toddler and he proved to have great potential in little league when he was five. I didn't think that he would care to pursue soccer past 1st grade and we would move on to baseball. Unfortunately, watching The Sandlot (I love that movie) didn't warm him to baseball as I thought it would but rather, it became a movie that he can't even stand to watch. Why? because of the scene where "Smalls" receives a black eye after being hit in the face with a baseball that he was unable to catch. Alex happens to have a mortal fear of black eyes! He actually can't look at people with any type of facial injury, especially a black eye without getting physically ill. I don't know what he would do if he actually received one himself.

So Soccer was the sport that he chose to pursue. Even though at first watching the sport always seemed really dull to me I have to say that as he has advanced past Rec league and is playing a little more competitively, it has been so fun to watch him! He is fast, aggressive and so far scores most or all of his teams' goals. Plus, he looks pretty awesome all geared up.

I am proud to be the soccer mom of this rising soccer Champ!

3 comments:

Melly said...

He is such a cutie! It is so great when they find something they love to do.

Karen said...

You Da Man Alex!!!!!

Amy said...

Gotta love soccer! I love visiting your blog and looking at all your pictures of your so cute kids! Looks like you guys are having fun! Lets get together for dinner sometime soon, even if it's just a quick cafe rio run. Now that the weather is warmer, we'd love to have the whole fam up for a bbq, we'll be in touch!