Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween fun!








Last weekend we went to my brother Todd's house in Layton for their annual Halloween party. It is always so much fun. We carved pumpkins and ate Krista's delicious soup out of fun "pumpkin" bread bowls. They also have an adorable dog that Teagan would not leave alone! I had ordered costumes for Maddy and Alex and they hadn't arrived by the time of the party so we were able to improvise with other clothes and costumes we had around the house. two days before halloween their costumes made it to us and they were able to wear them on trick -or-treat day( they were just from Target and for some reason way cheaper than buying them from the store). Anyway, Maddy was a Spider geisha, Sadie was a ladybug fairy, Teagan was a bumble bee and Alex would not go with my bug theme and insisted on being something scary (I miss my little super hero of past years) He wanted guts and gore but I settled on the Grim Reaper. He really did look kinda scary with his mask on. Sadie really got into the spirit of trick-or-treating and she just couldn't get to the next door fast enough! When she woke up the next day I said "Sadie, Halloween is over now we get to look forward to Thanksgiving when we get to eat a big turkey and tons of pie!" and she just screamed "Yay, I looove Thanksgiving!" I love spending this fun time with my kids. Bring on the Turkey!!! 

5 comments:

Jer and Jules said...

They looked so cute (except Alex, very scary) when we saw them, I'm so glad we got to see them in their costumes! I'm excited for Thanksgiving too, can't wait!

Kris Tina said...

Nice work. And your hair looks great!

T said...

Everyone looks so great! Halloween is my favorite holiday! Are you guys through your candy yet? We are down to all the gross stuff!! The chocolate was gone days ago, boo hoo!

Petersen Kids said...

What a beautiful family you have! It was nice to see bigger pics, the ones on facebook are hard to see. I hope you don't mind me looking occasionally, it is such a cute blog!

Becki Madsen said...

Super cute costumes! I noticed you have the wrong blogspot address for us. You have my mother-in-laws at madsensmemories ours is at madsmemories and isn't private as of yet. So fun to keep in touch and see your adorable family! I love the internet!