Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pool Party anyone?



A few days ago the snow had melted just enough that Sadie could see the blue pool cover in the backyard and I teased her that maybe we could go for a swim. Next thing I know she has her swimsuit on and she is ready to go out there. So I suggested we have a pretend pool party in the family room instead. This is even better because we get to see (and feed) "nice" sharks, and we have "seen" all kinds of sea life. I thought it was clever that she added the blue blanket for the water. We have built enormous sandcastles and learned some fancy dives. I love her imagination. Teagan even got into it. It has become a daily ritual for her. This has been one way for  us to power through the long, cold winter! 

3 comments:

T said...

How creative! What a fun mommy you are.

brandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becki Madsen said...

What a great idea! I am going to use this idea, my poor 2-year old daughter comes down every morning in her swimsuit and says, "I go swim!" Thanks for the great idea!