Sunday, January 4, 2009

Teagans latest ouchie!



Teagan has been sporting three tiny little stitches in-between his eyes this week. He was playing in a precarious spot in the family room and slipped on the small ledge he was standing on and ended up splitting his little skin open. I was down stairs on the treadmill at the time and had music on but I could hear Maddy and Alex screaming like crazy "Teagans hurt!" I get to the top of the stairs to find my baby crying with blood all over his face and Madeleine on the verge of hysterics; she doesn't do well with injuries, especially ones to her siblings. She was in charge of watching Teagan while I worked out so she was feeling all kinds of guilt, poor thing. Anyway I couldn't tell where he was hurt because he was so covered in blood and I was worried that he had broken his nose. I sat down instantly and started cleaning him with a towel so I could see the damage. When I realized it was only a cut I was relieved but I knew it was so deep he would need stitches for sure. 

The funny part was that because I had just been on the treadmill and then had to bolt up the stairs when I heard the screaming I didn't properly slow my heart rate down before sitting on the floor with Teagan so within moments I started to get all light-headed and whoozy so I told Maddy to call her dad to come home right away because I thought I might pass out and we needed to get T in a.s.a.p.  So Maddy calls Josh, still bawling, and all he manages to hear was Teagans hurt, blood everywhere and pass out. Meanwhile I'm on the kitchen floor with my head down trying to blot the cut on Teagans face and yelling at Maddy to calm down, everything is fine!   Of course Josh was so freaked, that he bolted right out of the meeting he was in the middle of and raced home; I can't imagine what he thought was going on:) ...Anyway all was fine and our little guy gets to have some cool stitches. 
Thank goodness that in life there is never a dull moment.

5 comments:

Brandon and Carly said...

Poor baby! That looks sore! Poor Maddie, too. Those big sisters have a lot to worry about!

Lisa said...

Love the fact that my children aren't the only dramatic ones. Poor little guy. I guess they all have one bad owie eventually. More to come huh?

Becki Madsen said...

That is so sad and so kid-like! I am glad you were both ok! What a small world about the Justice family-I met Courtnee at SLCC and we became instant friends and have stayed friends for over 12 years! She is one awesome person. I love your blog-it is so fun to see your growing family and to keep in touch!

magleby4 said...

Oh man poor little guy. I can so relate when Mason did that and Aiden freaked out which makes it ten times worse when the other kid is crying. Sorry that happened. Your right there is never a dull moment when you have little ones.

Tamara said...

Oh wow...Owww! We have yet to do stitches in our house (knock on wood) but I remember my own being so painful! Poor Teagan!