Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cool!!

One of my good friends from Emery County (where I grew up until the age of 13), Willie, is a test pilot for the U.S. army/airforce. He flies the Apaches, which is just a giant, loaded weopon! And he happens to work in SLC not far from my house. Way back in May he generously invited my family to come and take a tour of the helicopter hangar he works from and to take an up close and personal look at these amazing flying weapons. I am only just now getting to post about it. It was way cool. Alex was in heaven! Alex thinks anything military is pretty cool.
Teagan enjoyed the riding tractor. Whatever bud, just lay low dude and don't. touch. anything!!
He felt pretty stinkin' cool sitting in that seat :)

That is some serious ammo! Willie explaining some of the cool gear to Josh and Alex. Josh felt like a little kid again being so close to something so cool :)We see theses things on a regular basis flying over our house and now we have a whole new appreciation for those "Peace keepers". We also got to see some Blackhawks. My kids will always ask now if I think that's Willie up there. Thanks again friend it was awesome!

1 comment:

Melly said...

Those are pretty cool huh? My Dad was the head engineer on the Apache Attack choppers. We always had fun growing up going to the plant and checking out all the cool stuff. Thanks for sharing it brought back some great memories!