Monday, August 2, 2010

Lake Powell '10

Powell this year was amazing! I took like 600 pics so it took a while to pick some to post. The weather was perfect in my opinion, not as hot as previous years and a little unsettled at times but with a baby I was grateful for the cooler temps (still hot enough though). We ate ourselves silly and cooled of in the amazing water when it got too hot. There was an amazing lighning storm our last night that lasted for hours, it was amazing to watch! This is my very favorite vacation ever. Enjoy!


Someone LOVES Lake Powell!
This is what our little pit stops looked like...I think we made a total of 10 stops because that cute little baby of mine can only stand being in the car for about an hour and a half at a time before he becomes unglued!
"Denny's Wigwam" with the cousins for a souvernir. A tradition! The boys all picked racoon hats, hahaha!
Killing time in the houseboat with some acrobatics :)
what it's all about!
Just leave me here all day!
Baby boy loved sleeping and swimming and sleeping and swimming. What more do you need at Powell??

Extreme kyaking!

My handsome little devils!

All Alex cared about was catching air. He caught sweet air for the first time and managed to stick it as well. Good job dude!

throwin' out the peace sign--classic Mads :)
Gorgeous!! (sunset is nice too)
Darling girl of mine.

We had the most amazing beach this year! Super soft sand, clean beach and water. It was perfect!
Some father/son playtime :)) and some fishing with gramps! We love Lake Powell!!!

3 comments:

Melly said...

That's where it's at girl!

Lisa said...

Jealous! I miss that place. So beautiful!

Becki Madsen said...

I love Lake Powell! I miss going there every year! Looks like you had a great time!