Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maddy's first piano recital!






So Maddy had her first piano recital yesterday and we are so proud of her, she did such a great job. Sadly, however, she thought that she did a terrible job and spent the rest of the recital out in the hall sobbing. I blame myself for riding her all afternoon to slow down on her piece because I didn't want her to race through it and then get nervous  and then really get lost. She also had her piece memorized but decided at the last minute that she wanted to take her music up with her as a comfort. When she got done she was mad at herself for taking her music up because she wanted everyone to know that she had worked hard to memorize it. Also when we got to the recital she learned that she would have to introduce herself and the name of the piece she was playing, now she was really horrified which really surprised me because she isn't one to get that nervous if she is performing for a crowd. She was the third to play and she spent the first 15 min. shaking. Then it was her turn and she did  a fantastic job! I didn't hear one mistake neither did her teacher or anyone else. I just made her an emotional mess so bad mom award goes to me! Thank goodness for her grandma Pam and grandpa Dale! They knew just what to say to console her and they really helped her to feel so special. And of course they thought that she was the most beautiful, talented one in the room...Thanks so much mom and dad you saved the day!  

3 comments:

Karen said...

So glad you decided to update. Poor Maddy, that breaks my heart. She is so darling and I'm sure she did very well. I read on your profile that you love to vacuum your floors and SO DO I...i love it. I am obsessed and just bought the greatest vacuum in the world! i vacuum every day, sometimes twice! Glad I'm not the only weirdo!

Lynne said...

What a sweet daughter--I'm sure you are so proud of her! I was excited to hear that Maddy is doing piano. Keep up the good work. We love you all!

Brandon and Carly said...

Poor Maddy! I myself spent many a piano recital crying! I always hated those things -- all of the pressure! But, I think that it taught me a lot too! She'll recover! ;)