Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sadie's bottle battle!





My silly Sadie has finally reached a major milestone (at least as far as I'm concerned) and has decided to be potty-trained. I say SHE decided because it really was ALL her, I just stood by and refused to hope that I might be one child less in diapers. 
Now we have a new battle with Sadie. ...the bottle! It is more of a problem for Josh than it is for me. I know she is too old for it and I NEVER would have allowed Maddy to have a bottle at this age (she actually never had a bottle, we went straight to sippy cups) but I feel like we finally kicked the binky and diapers (neither one an easy task) so I'll let this slide for just a little longer.

3 comments:

Brandon and Carly said...

She is such a cute girl! I agree - - you have to pick your battles! I don't think the hubby's realize how much effort each of those "little" changes takes!The best way that I have found is just to start limiting when they can have it - - cut it down to only nap and bedtime or something! GOOD LUCK!

magleby4 said...

yeah saddie!! I should do what you did and wait for Mason to do it on his own. Im tired of cleaning up poops in his underwear. sigh!

Michelle said...

Good job, Sades!!! She is such a big girl! I heard somewhere recently that a mom used the trick of a bottle or binky that "Swiper swiped your bottle" and that was the end of it. Sounds easier said than done, right? Just an idea. I wouldn't worry about it though and I know you don't! Way to go!!! :)