Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Maui favorites!











These are 10 of our favorite things from our Maui vacation but not necessarily in that order...

1. Shave ice--Yum!

2. The Beach, of course

3. Hyatt Regency luau--it's the best show and the food?Yummy......

4. Going for an early morning run along the beach when the moon is still high and all you hear is the ocean and the birds--then running back, the horizon to the east is all shades of pink while the sun is rising..love it! Makes the treadmill at home seem soooo droll!!!

5. Being with family! Nothing beats a great vacation with cousins

6. Not knowing or caring what time it is or day of the week...We really adopt the aloha spirit. Our only concern each day was 'should we start at the pool or the beach?'

7. Surf lessons--I didn't this time but next time me, Maddy and Alex are all doing it! Josh rented a board and got to ride a few.

8. Paia, a cool town with some great surfing ( we only watched, the waves were too big) and even greater food!

9. Marriott oceanclub resort (where we stayed) amazing pools and a bonus pirate wading pool area for the little ones. There were kids activities everyday.

10. The Gazebo, Jake and Tas told us about this cool little beachside breakfast place the banana/macadamia pancakes and omelets were insane! I highly recommend

5 comments:

T said...

What a fun trip! The pictures are so cute. You look gorgeous!! I feel your pain about the airplane saga. NONE of my kids took binkies, and 2 out of the 3 would not fall asleep anywhere but their own beds. We have definitely been through that exact same scenario, tears and all.

We haven't tried the surfing thing yet. I have a tiny issue with sharks and deep water. The first time I went snorkeling, I was the only adult out in the water with one of those neon water noodles. Sad but true. Hopefully you catch up on your sleep. Adjusting back to the time difference really stinks!


It's been so great to catch up with you and your cute family. I would love to add you to my blog list. Do you mind?

Bandi Olsen said...

Erika! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! I LOVE blogs, they let you catch up on people you normally would not keep in touch with. Looks like an awesome trip to Hawaii, can't say I'm not jealous, especially with the recent cold spell...burr!

Michelle said...

Love the photos! I'm hungry looking at the food pic! So glad you had a fabulous trip. We're also glad you are home- especially my kids!

Jer and Jules said...

I'm so glad we get to go on trips together too, I love it and I love all the kids so much.
I'm thinking we'll have to make the Gazebo a regular stop on our future trips.
Way cute blog by the way!

Michelle Smith Isom said...

Looks and sounds like pure heaven!